Image by Agata Mayes
The table below highlights the steps required to apply for the Bachelor of Photography in 2018 at PSC. Domestic applicants, both mature age and individuals completing year 12, are able to apply to the Bachelor of Photography through VTAC or via direct entry.
1. Complete your VTAC application form by the 28th of September
2. If VTAC applicants want to speed up the application process, they can complete the PSC supplementary application form.
> supplementary application form
3. PSC will contact you within 48 hours to discuss the course, application process and folio requirements. (If you don’t complete the supplementary application form, we will contact you late October to arrange your folio presentation).
4. If you would like to proceed, an appointment will be booked to review your folio of photos, generally between (November and December)
5. Complete your application and get ready to start your exciting new course and career!
1. Complete the PSC supplementary application form
> supplementary application form
2. PSC will contact you within 48 hours to discuss the course, application process and folio requirements
3. If you would like to proceed, an appointment will be booked to review your folio of photos. (from September onwards)
4. Complete your application and get ready to start your exciting new course and career!
1. Go to the International student section on this website.
> international students
2. Go directly to the application form for international students
> application form for international students
Mature age applicants are still able to apply to PSC through VTAC.
SEAS (Special Entry Access Scheme) - PSC gives consideration to applicants who can demonstrate they have not been able to reach their full potential due to life circumstances or circumstances beyond their control.
The commercial photography major allows you to enter into a wide range of commercial photography careers. You will develop exceptional skills in professional lighting, digital and moving image, setting you up for leadership roles in the industry. After completing the commercial major, you will have the opportunity to excel in careers involving fashion, advertising, architecture, sport, portrait and wedding photography.
The art major allows you to specialise in the world of contemporary art photography, exhibiting and publishing your work nationally and internationally. This program is designed for students wishing to develop their distinctive and individual style and work in the creative industries. You will develop a critical awareness of current art practices, preparing you for graduate study and professional art careers.
The photojournalism major will ignite your passion for communication and allow you to specialise in this exciting, fast-paced industry. After completing this major, you will have the opportunity to work in a diverse range of international media platforms including, visual content production, on-line and digital publishing, moving image and documentary film making. Graduates engage in a variety of careers involving media, editorial, travel and documentary photography.
Images (top to bottom): Adina Kraus, Bill Bate, Daniel O'Neill
Go to our news & events for updates and featured student work.